Shirataki Spring Rolls With Homemade Hoisin Sauce
1 pkg Liviva Shirataki Spaghetti
400 g shrimp
8 rice paper wraps
1 head green lettuce
1 cup purple cabbage
2 carrots, shredded
½ cup cilantro
¼ cup mint leaves
4 tbsp tamari
2 tbsp almond butter
2 tsp maple syrup
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 thai chilli
- Prepare the noodles according to package directions.
- Thaw the shrimp in a bowl of room temperature water for 15 minutes. Then strain.
- Meanwhile, assemble the vegetables for the wraps. Tear the lettuce leaves from the stem, chop the cabbage, shred the carrots, slice the cucumber into matchsticks and rough chop the cilantro and mint.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the shrimp, stirring frequently, until shrimp are bright pink on each side (approx. 2-4 minutes).
- Dip the rice paper wrap into a bowl of hot water for 10-15 seconds and place on a damp towel. Pat dry.
- Assemble the noodles, veggies and shrimp and wrap the rice paper tightly around the filling, like a burrito.
- To make the dipping sauce, finely chop the chilli. Add the chilli, tamari, almond butter, maple syrup, sesame oil, red wine vinegar and garlic powder to a small bowl. Stir until combined.
- To serve, slice the wraps into 4 quarters and plate with dipping sauce.
Optional: you can substitute the maple syrup for 4 drops of liquid stevia. If the sauce is too thick, add 2 tsp of water.
Once wet, the rice paper will be sticky, so this make take a few tries.
Will keep in the fridge for 2 days.