Red Curry Noodles
This dish satisfies those take out noodle cravings all while staying low carb. Make this recipe as a snack or side dish, and add some protein and veg to round it out into a complete meal. This dish is packed with a bunch of flavour from the warming spices of the curry and garlic - this also makes it a great dish for keeping warm on cozy winter nights and boosting immunity.
1 package of Liviva Shirataki Fettuccine
1 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic
3 tbsp red curry paste
1/2 cup of full fat coconut milk from a can
1 tbsp tamari
1 tbsp of lime juice + zest
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Finely dice the garlic and add to the pan, stirring until fragrant (approx. 2 minutes).
- Add the curry paste and do the same, stirring for approx. 1 minute. Zest and juice the lime, adding to the skillet.
- Toss in the noodles and slowly pour in the coconut milk, stirring until the noodles are covered in sauce. Add the tamari and stir again.
- Once the noodles are warm remove from heat and serve, topping with any additional protein and herbs.
- This is a great snack or side dish, but you’ll want to add some additional protein and veggies for it to be a complete meal.
- If you’d like to add in some protein, this dish goes great with a pre-cooked roasted chicken. Simply slice off the breasts and serve hot. You could also add tofu, a hard boiled egg or hemp seeds to round out the protein profile.
- If you’d like to add some vegetables, saute some sliced bell peppers before adding the noodles.
- You can also add even more flavour by topping the dish with chopped cilantro, green onions and sesame seeds.