Caprese Soybean Pasta with Balsamic Dressing
1 pkg Liviva Soybean Spaghetti
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 pint bocconcini
½ cup fresh basil leaves
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 garlic cloves
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions (approx 6 minutes).
- In a large pan over medium high, heat 1 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and saute, stirring frequently (approx 10 minutes).
- When the tomatoes have cooked and softened, use a fork to crush them in the pan. This should be easy to do, if the tomatoes are too firm, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta and heat until warm (approx 3 minutes).
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, finely diced garlic and Italian seasoning.
- To the pan, add the bocconcini and basil leaves. Pour the dressing over the pasta and season with salt and pepper. Toss pasta until fully coated and remove from heat. Serve right away.
Keeps in the fridge for 4 days, serving hot or cold as desired.
You can replace Italian seasoning with equal parts dried basil, parsley flakes and oregano. Substitute bocconcini with a dairy-free cashew cheese for a vegan option.