Decadent Smoky Alfredo Pasta
A happy accident when smoky bacon meets creamy dairy-free sauce and peas. Because it’s lower carb, you don’t have to worry about enjoying every ounce of that bacon. Easy, filling and oh so decadent, you’ll crave this one over and over again.
1 pkg Soybean Fettuccine
2 cups cashews
6 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup water
150 g bacon (one small package)
2 cups peas
¼ cup fresh parsley
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil (in a kettle or stove top). In a bowl, cover the cashews with the boiling water, soak for 15 minutes then strain.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine the soaked cashews, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper and water. Start with half the amount of water and blend on high, adding more water as needed to work your way up to a desired consistency (the blended cashews should mimic a cream sauce).
- Slice the bacon into small square pieces. In a large frying pan over medium high heat, saute the bacon until crispy (or desired consistency).
- Add the peas to the pan, and saute for 2 minutes or until warm. Toss in the noodles and cover with the cream sauce, stirring until the noodles are coated.
- Serve hot, topping with parsley and... nothing else, because bacon is delicious.
- Swap the bacon for vegan coconut “bacon” and you’ve got a plant-based winner. Just don’t cook the coconut bacon, instead, sprinkle it on at the end when you’re ready to serve.
- Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days. I recommend making sure you heated your leftovers to enjoy the creamiest sauce. You can rehydrate with additional water if you find it’s too dry.