Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta
This dish is a light, refreshing and tasty take on pasta. The ingredients are simple, it takes no time to make and by incorporating fresh garlic and herbs into your dish, you’ll avoid added sugars and preservatives in a traditional sauce, but you won’t skimp on flavour.
1 pkg Liviva Edamame Fettuccine
2 tbsp avocado oil
4 cloves garlic (minced)
¼ lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest
½ cup parsley
400g shrimp (one package - raw, peeled)
1 cup baby spinach
½ cup parmigiano reggiano
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside
- Peel and mince or grate garlic cloves. Juice and zest the lemon. Roughly chop the parsley.
- Warm the oil in a large pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the garlic and stir for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Using a strainer, thaw the shrimp by rinsing under cool water. Add lemon juice and raw shrimp to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally until shrimp turns pink, 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in spinach, letting it wilt (approx 2 minutes).
- Add the chopped parsley and lemon zest. Stir in the noodles. Grate the parmesan over the pan and cook until the cheese is melted and the noodles are warm.
- Divide pasta between 4 plates. Garnish with extra parsley, lemon zest and parmesan as desired. Serve immediately.
Extra pasta will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You can swap the parmesan for nutritional yeast for a dairy-free alternative.