Seared Salmon on Black Bean Pasta
1 package Liviva Black Bean Spaghetti
2 small salmon fillets
1 tbsp white miso
¼ cup sesame seeds
Sugar snap peas
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 cup bok choy
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salmon by dividing it into 6 oz portions and coating generously with the miso paste. Cover the salmon with the sesame seeds, covering each side, patting the seeds down firmly.
- Heat the sesame oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the salmon fillets and sear for 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Roughly chop the garlic scapes and bok choy. Add to the frying pan with the red wine vinegar and snap peas. Saute for 4 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Serve the hot veggies and salmon over the pasta, adding additional sesame oil if desired.
If garlic scapes aren't in season or are tricky to find, you can substitute for 2 cloves of garlic, diced.
You can swap the salmon fillets for tempeh steaks instead and cook in the same way, searing until warm and crispy (approx 3 minutes each side).
This is a great option to make extra and keep on hand for lunch the next day. Keeps in the fridge for up to 3 days.