- 16 oz Liviva Shirataki Penne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for drizzling over pasta
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 32 oz Marinara Sauce
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Dash of crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- For garnish: chopped basil, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9×13-baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Prepare Liviva Shirataki Pasta by rinsing well, and using a little bit of olive oil in a pan to heat up the pasta and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the Italian sausage and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until it is no longer pink, about 5 to 7 minutes. Discard the excess fat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta, egg, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, basil, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper flakes, if using. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the ricotta mixture to the pasta. Add the marinara sauce, cooked sausage, and stir until combined, stirring gently to not break up the pasta noodles.
- Pour the pasta into the prepared pan and top with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and the pasta is bubbly. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil