Keto Rice Pudding
There’s nothing more satisfying than being able to enjoy a classic dessert and keep it vegan low carb. This dish takes very little time to whip up (you don’t even have to cook the rice! Plus, you get to customize it with any flavours and spices you like.
1 pkg LIVIVA Shirataki Rice
1 can full fat coconut milk
¼ cup of erythritol/monk fruit blend sweetener
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise
2 cardamom seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp xanthan gum
- Prepare the rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat the coconut milk on medium high, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the erythritol/monk fruit sweetener and whisk until dissolved.
- Add the cinnamon stick, star anise, cardamom, vanilla extract and the shirataki rice and stir.
- Sprinkle the xanthan gum over the milk and whisk until dissolved. The pudding with start to thicken.
- Bring to a slight boil, then lower the heat and continue to simmer. Allow enough liquid to evaporate so that you get a thicker consistency. It should feel like loose pancake batter when stirring. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour into small containers, cover and chill for 4-6 hours. Serve cold and top with additional cinnamon.