Beef and Broccoli with Edamame Pasta
1 pkg Liviva Edamame Pasta
1 tbsp ghee
2 tbsp avocado oil
1 tsp sesame oil
4 cloves garlic
1 tsp fresh ginger
4 tbsp tamari
½ cup beef broth
salt and pepper to taste
3 tsp arrowroot powder
10 oz striploin steak
3 cups broccoli
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and keep warm by storing in the covered pasta pot after rinsing.
- Saute the onion in a large saucepan over medium heat with ghee and half the avocado oil, until the onion looks "clear" and cooked through.
- Finely chop the garlic and ginger and add to the pan, with sesame oil, tamari and broth + salt and pepper to taste. Stir and bring to a light boil.
- Let the sauce simmer and reduce for 5 minutes then slowly add the arrowroot powder, a little at a time, and stir frequently to blend and thicken the sauce. Use more or less powder depending on the consistency of sauce you like.
- Once the sauce has thickened, scrape it out of the pan, into a bowl, and set it aside. Reheat the pan to medium high heat, adding the remaining avocado oil.
- Thinly slice your steak and add to the pan. Saute steak 2-3 minutes each side. Remove the steak from the pan and set aside.
- Chop broccoli, add it and the sauce into the pan. Cover the pan with a lid, and saute for a few minutes until everything is warm, coated evenly with sauce, and the broccoli is cooked to the consistency you like. Add the steak and toss to coat with sauce.
- Remove from heat. Serve over warm noodles.
To make this recipe vegan or vegetarian, swap the steak for tempeh and the beef broth for vegetable. You can also swap the tbsp of ghee for additional avocado oil (1 tbsp).