Homemade Hamburger Helper
Here’s a great one-pot recipe for the kids or a cozy night in. Quick and easy, you’ll be able to whip this up during the week without waiting hours for dinner to be on the table. Cooking from scratch, choosing organic ground beef and dairy products will up the nutritional value of a classic comfort food.
1 package Liviva Soybean Fettuccine
1 pound of ground beef
1 tbsp organic ketchup
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp hot sauce
3 tsp onion powder
3 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
3 cups of vegetable broth
½ cup organic sour cream
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup fresh parsley
- Open the package of pasta and break apart the noodles by hand or with a sharp knife until they are about 2 inches long.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the ground beef until cooked through and browned (approx. 5 minutes). Drain the grease from the pan.
- Reduce heat and add ketchup, mustard, hot sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, broth and noodles to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Simmer until the noodles are soft and most of the liquid is absorbed (approx 10 minutes).
- Stir in the sour cream and shredded cheese, letting it melt over the noodles.
- Top with dried or fresh chopped parsley. Serve hot.
- Leftovers are better warmed up and will keep for 4 days in the fridge.
- Skip or reduce the hot sauce if you don’t enjoy spice.