Garlicky Green Spaghetti
This is an easy recipe you can whip up in 15 minutes flat. And it’s a great way to use up any greens in the fridge! Full of magnesium and healthy fats, it’s a phytonutrient rich recipe that truly means plant-based.
1 pkg of Edamame Spaghetti
3 cups spinach or greens
½ an avocado
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup nutritional yeast (or swap for parmesan)
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions, but don’t rinse the pasta after cooking. Reserve a small cup-sized amount of pasta water.
- In a blender, combine the greens, avocado, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and nutritional yeast and blend until smooth. Add any reserved pasta water, if needed, for desired consistency.
- In the still warm pasta pot, heat the noodles and pour the sauce over the pasta, stirring until combined and warm.
- Serve hot and top with additional “cheese” (either more nutritional yeast or vegan cashew cheese), salt and pepper and walnuts, if desired.
- Leftovers keep for 2 days in the fridge. After that, the greens and avocado may start to brown. Makes a great lunch the next day!
- Optional to add an animal protein like grilled chicken or ground turkey.