Simple Cashew Alfredo
This is the easiest and most versatile sauce. Not to mention delicious. Make a big batch and use it in salad dressings, to top a side of rice, as a dip for veggies, the possibilities are endless.
1 pkg Liviva Edamame Fettuccine
1 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked
1 ½ cups water
4 cloves garlic
1 tsp italian seasoning
- Soak cashews in boiling water for 15-30 minutes.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse the cashews, add to a blender with fresh water, garlic and italian seasoning. Blitz on high until creamy and smooth.
- Serve the cream sauce on top of pasta, adding any additional ingredient you like.
- I like to add chicken, wilted kale or broccoli to this recipe as well.
- You will probably have extra sauce leftover. Everything will keep in the fridge for up to four days.
- You can use the cashew cream sauce in a thousand different ways. It’s as versatile as it is delicious. Omit the garlic and herbs and it can be used in a sweeter dish as well.