Classic Ramen Noodles
This is the ultimate classic! Savoury ramen-like noodles in a warming soup, without the carbs. Whether you’re cozying up and keeping warm, or boosting your immune system with a gingery-garlic kick, this simple and quick soup has got you covered.
1 pkg Liviva Shiritaki Spaghetti
4 soft boiled eggs
6 cups vegetable broth
2 cups cremini mushrooms
1 tbsp grated ginger
4 cloves of garlic
2 stalks of green onion
1 thai chilli
2 tbsp tamari
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a small pot, soft (or hard) boil your eggs and set aside in cool water.
- Dice the mushrooms and green onion. Finely dice the garlic, ginger and chilies.
- In a large soup pot, add the broth, mushrooms, ginger, garlic, half the green onion and chilies. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rinsed shiritaki spaghetti, tamari and sesame oil and stir to combine. Remove soup from heat.
- Remove the shell from the boiled egg and slice in half.
- Pour the contents of the pot into a bowl, top with sesame seeds, remaining green onion and the soft boiled eggs and serve hot.
- If you really like spice, add in extra hot sauce for a kick.
- Makes great lunch leftovers and will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- If you’d like to add animal protein, you might enjoy some cooked and shredded chicken.