Creamy Comfort Mushroom Pasta
This lighter take on a creamy classic is great when you want a little taste of fall comfort food. Mushrooms are fantastic immune boosters, so stock up on this fall favourite, no pun intended.
1 pkg Liviva Edamame Fettuccine
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
4 cloves garlic
2 pints cremini mushrooms
2 green onions
¼ cup parsley
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 cup nut milk (homemade is best)
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Mince the garlic and roughly chop the mushrooms, green onion and parsley.
- In a skillet, warm the olive oil and butter over medium heat. When hot, saute the garlic until fragrant (approx 1 minute).
- Add in the mushrooms and saute until softened (approx 4 minutes).
- Pour in the broth and nut milk. Bring to a slight boil and simmer until reduced (approx 10 minutes).
- Fold in the pasta, green onions and parsley. Saute until warm and remove from heat.
- Top with nutritional yeast and serve hot.
This is a great dish to use for leftovers. Will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
To make this recipe vegan, simply swap the butter for additional olive oil.
If you’d like to add animal protein, this recipe pairs great with sliced chicken breast. You can also add optional parmesan cheese.