Keto Parmesan Risotto
You can serve this keto risotto as a side, or top with seared scallops or mushrooms to make it a main. Creamy and satisfying, it’s a great low carb option to keep blood sugar balanced and for those who are trying to manage their weight.
1 package Liviva riced shirataki
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup vegetable broth
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp xanthan gum
2 cups grated parmesan
¼ cup parsley
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Dice the shallot and garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. When hot, add the shallot and stir, sauteing until onion is soft and fragrant (approx 2 min). Toss in the garlic, salt and pepper and stir.
- Pour in the rice and broth, and let simmer until most of the liquid is evaporated (approx 10 minutes).
- Toss in the butter, let it melt and sprinkle the xanthan gum over the rice, stirring well to avoid any clumps.
- Add the parmesan cheese and parsley, folding over the rice until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with additional parsley and parmesan and serve while still hot.
- If you’d like to add less broth and skip the xanthan gum, you can do so but you may want to add more herbs for additional flavour.
- This recipe makes two small side dishes or one large main.
- This recipe will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- You can top the rice with seared scallops or sauteed mushrooms to bulk up the meal.